Friday, January 18, 2013

1/18/13 Class Reflections

Before this week I didn’t think that the number of children I have made much of a difference – I was indifferent about the matter. I know that eventually I will have children but I never thought too much about how many. However, this week’s research has greatly influenced my thinking. There is so much affected by the fertility rate in the world. The lack of incoming children is creating an economic demographic for the future that current societies are not aware of. The social security and retirement is falling to pieces because the population is dwindling, which means that fewer people are going to have to work harder to put the elderly into retirement. Where we currently have 3 people working for every 1 elderly person, soon it will be only 2 for every 1 elderly and eventually only 1 on 1 if we continue with the economic decline we are in. Economic turmoil isn’t the only thing that lurks in our future. Children who don’t have any siblings have a greater chance of social hinderment and loneliness which increases chances of depression. The demographic consequences of having more children fully support everything that our prophets have to say to us. The fact that our church is centered around the family and that is the basic component that lies at the root of so much economic turmoil only strengthens my testimony in my beliefs and in the fact that the prophets are men of God who are inspired to give us the revelation that they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment