Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Week 3/18/13


 This week I thought a lot about work and what I want my family to be doing in regards to work. For one thing, once I have kids I realize that the husband can and should be the main source of income for the family. It is a hard concept for me to grasp (being someone who has worked since a young age) to let somebody else provide for me; however, I realize that motherhood is an important and full time job that needs proper attention. Still, women feel accomplished when they can work. As far as work between the spouses goes; it is important for couples to work together. Things like doing the dishes and cooking food together is a constructive activity because men communicate better when their hands are busy and they are doing mundane work. Women communicate better face to face looking someone in the eyes while men communicate better while doing mindless work. We discussed some things that we were going to do in regards to work after learning what we did in class this week and I’ll touch on a few key points that I plan to do. For one, find time for my husband to work with my kids. This keeps communication open between them as well as teaches my children how to work and that it is better to work hard when they are younger for a very modest income so they can survive in college and then appreciate their successes. Also, I will need to involve my kids alongside me when I work because it creates important bonding and teaches them how to do the chores and tasks that I have them do. I also want to work hard so that when I do spend time with my family, I can enjoy the time and not be too overburdened with work.

No comments:

Post a Comment